Life & Mind Psychology offer treatment for insomnia and sleeplessness to clients in Sutherland Shire.
Let’s face it: life can be really tough to deal with when we feel tired from lack of sleep. Not only can exhaustion make us feel irritable and anxious, it can affect us in other ways like eating more food, exercising less, and lashing out at others.
Sleep is so important for our mind, body and well being, and no matter why people come to treatment, we are constantly getting asked what it takes to get a good night’s sleep.
Well, the answers are pretty straightforward, yet they can be hard to follow consistently. So take a deep breath, take it one step at a time, and follow these steps for at least a couple of weeks, so they have a chance to become part of your routine.
Here are our ten tired busting tips!
10 Tips for Overcoming Sleeplessness
- Try and go to bed at the same time every night, and wake up at the same time each morning.
- Have a bedtime routine (such as cleaning your teeth or having a shower).
- Only use your bed for sleeping and sex (not for eating or watching TV).
- No clock watching.
- If you notice worries, either solve the problem, or remind yourself you will think and feel differently in the morning.
- No naps during the day.
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine and nicotine for at least a couple of hours before bed.
- Wait till you are tired before you go to bed (roughly between 10pm – midnight).
- Exercise regularly (just not right before bed).
- Focus all of your attention on feeling tired and sleepy.
If you need more support dealing with issues of sleeplessness or fatigue, or you want us to send you some more information, please contact us today.